Spring Lake man faces charges of link with girl, 14
Posted March 6, 2009 9:36 a.m. EST
Updated March 6, 2009 9:52 a.m. EST
Spring Lake, N.C. — Cumberland County sheriff’s detectives charged a Spring Lake man on Friday with 28 felonies and misdemeanors, including statutory rape for alleged involvement with a 14-year-old girl.
Authorities released Jose Cruz-Latorre, 19, of 200 Eppingdale Drive, from the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $150,000 unsecured bond.
Investigators arrested him Friday for an alleged sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl. The victim, who told authorities she had been involved with Latorre since 2008, has had two pregnancies and one abortion and claims he is the father, according to detectives.
Authorities charged Latorre with:
- five counts of statutory rape
- one count of burglary
- five counts of attempted larceny
- five counts of breaking and entering of vehicles
- one count of larceny from a building
- one count of misdemeanor larceny
- three counts of larceny of a motor vehicle
- one count of possession of stolen goods
- three counts of possession of a stolen vehicle
- one count of possessing stolen goods
- two counts of felony conspiracy
Latorre was scheduled to make a first court appearance at 2:30 p.m. Friday in the Cumberland County Detention Center Courtroom.