Sleep on the job? Mattress Firm is hiring someone to do just that
Posted July 17, 2018 8:44 a.m. EDT
Houston, Texas — Sleeping at work is usually frowned upon, but a Mattress Firm in Texas wants to hire a person who would do just that.
According to Mattress Firm, the store is advertising an "internship of your dreams" and looking to hire an intern to begin work on Aug. 15.
The intern, which the company is calling a “Snoozetern," will sleep on the job as an in-house bed tester. The hire will also be expected to make regular appearances on Mattress Firm’s social media channels.
According to Mattress Firm, the paid internship will be 20 hours per week and will run from Aug. 15 through Nov. 15.
Per Mattress Firm's website, applicants to the job must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in napping, regardless of time of day
- Interested in exposure to different surfaces, textures and sleep positions
- Passionate about sleep and comfort
- Eager to meet new people and talk to them about sleep
- Creative and able to edit short videos using editing software like Animoto, iMovie, Adobe Spark or Final Cut Pro
- Curious about things you can’t see — like those illusive dreams and what’s inside your mattress
Applicants must have housing in the Houston area.