Local News

Six people escape Rougemont house fire

Authorities were investigating a house fire early Tuesday after six people were temporarily trapped inside the burning home at 113 Bacon Road.

Posted Updated
Six people temporarily trapped in Rougemont house fire
ROUGEMONT, N.C. — Authorities were investigating a house fire early Tuesday after six people were temporarily trapped inside the burning home at 113 Bacon Road.

Everyone got out of the house and one person was taken to a nearby hospital with unknown injuries.

Jennifer Davis said getting out through the door wasn't an option.

"When I opened the door, the fire just blew us back," she said. "The whole door went up in flames that quick, so we went out the side window (with) no clothes on. We don't have any clothes, any shoes. (The) people next door gave us all something to put on."

It's unclear how the fire started. No other information was available.

Image

 Credits

John Cox, Photographer
Kelly Hinchcliffe, Web Editor

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.