Six displaced in Raleigh apartment fire
Six people were displaced by an apartment fire in Raleigh Monday evening, Wake County fire officials said.Posted — Updated
One unit was destroyed at 4928 Coolridge Court and the unit below it sustained smoke and water damage.
No one was injured.
Rinah Daniel was returning home from a Memorial Day cookout when she saw that her apartment had gone up in flames.
"All I could see was the windows busted out of our apartment," she said. "We don't smoke and we haven't cooked anything today."
Daniel, a single mother of four, lived with her children and a roommate. She said they've lost everything.
"We don't have anything. That is all we have and we worked hard for what we have," Daniel said.
Fire crews were still on the scene Monday night investigating what sparked the blaze.
"It is going to be a lengthy investigation," said fire division chief Brad Harvey.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.