Seven arrested in new Fayetteville prostitution sting
Posted August 20, 2010 9:58 a.m. EDT
Updated August 20, 2010 10:10 a.m. EDT
Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police arrested seven people in another prostitution sting operation Thursday night.
The operation in the Eastern Boulevard and Massey Hill area resulted in the following arrests:
- Betty Ann Willis, 46, one count of solicitation for prostitution
- Karen Celeski, 36, one count of solicitation for prostitution
- Mary Sumerlin Ryan, 46, one count each of solicitation for prostitution and a probation violation
- Kenneth Marlin, 29, for three counts of solicitation for prostitution and crimes against nature
- Karen Few, 49, one count each of solicitation for prostitution and solicitation for intercourse
- Linda Wright, 52, one count each of solicit for crimes against nature and solicit for prostitution
- Latoya Dowden, 26, one count each of solicit for prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia
State Department of Correction records show that Ryan was serving probation for June convictions on two counts of crimes against nature and one count each of prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia. Celeski also has a previous convictions for felony drug possession.
Thursday's operation followed Tuesday night stings in which in undercover officers posed as customers in downtown and the Bonnie Donne area.
Fayetteville police have warned that they are cracking down on repeat offenders and will conduct similar operations in different areas of the city. Police said that they will use their online public alert system, Nixle.com, to post the names, charges, addresses and mug shots of suspects.