Local News

Saturday Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

The Raleigh fire department updated the cause and costs of a weekend fire at The Apartments of Stonehenge Monday.

Posted Updated

RALEIGH, N.C. — The Raleigh fire department updated the cause and costs of a weekend fire at The Apartments of Stonehenge  Monday.

According to the official fire report, the blaze started in an outdoor trash can on a rear balcony and spread to the room of the two-story apartment building at 2233 Stonehenge Drive, off Creedmoor Road/N.C. Highway 50.

No one was injured, but two units were destroyed. Eight others sustained heavy fire or water damage. Up to 15 people were displaced.  The Red Cross arrived to assist the residents, and the apartment complex found extra housing for some people.

Image

 Credits

Erin Hartness, Reporter
Anthony Shepherd, Photographer
Kathy Hanrahan, Web Editor
Anne Johnson, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.