Sanford police charge man with several sex-related crimes against two children
Posted September 23, 2020 5:13 p.m. EDT
Sanford, N.C. — Sanford police have arrested and charged a man with several sex-related crimes against two children.
Police said Ryan Mathew Holloway-Gunter, 27, of Cameron, was arrested on Wednesday. He's charged with the following:
- One count of first-degree statutory rape
- One count of first-degree statutory sex offense
- One count of felony child abuse, sexual act
- One count of felony child abuse, serious physical injury
- One count of assault by strangulation
Police said the arrest stems from an assault complaint filed on Sept. 13 against a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old
Holloway-Gunter was taken before a magistrate and placed in the Lee County Jail under a $1.5 million bond. He also had a court appearance on Wednesday with another scheduled for Oct. 14.