Local News

Salvation Army shelter seeks linens after fire

Posted August 11, 2010 11:37 a.m. EDT
Updated August 11, 2010 11:49 a.m. EDT

— Fire damaged a linen closet at the Salvation Army of Wake County shelter, at 215 S. Person St. in Raleigh, early Saturday, a spokeswoman said.

No one was injured when the vent on a commercial dryer caught fire, but the building was evacuated while firefighters brought the blaze under control.

The greatest damage was to a linen closet where sheets, towels, blankets and diapers were stored. The Salvation Army asked that donations of linens be dropped off at the Person Street center.