City of Oaks marathon will cause road closures Sunday
Posted November 3, 2017 10:35 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — The City of Oaks Marathon will cause some road closures in downtown Raleigh on Sunday. Thousands of runners and walkers are expected to participant in the marathon and half-marathon, which begins at 7 a.m.
The courses take runners to a variety of locations in the city including Fayetteville Street, the State Capitol Building, Glenwood South, Meredith College, N.C. State University and the N.C. State bell tower.
The event includes a marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K and Kids 1 mile fun run. All distances start and finish at the N.C. State bell tower.
A list of street closures and the approximate times of those closures:
- Ashe Avenue from Hillsborough to Western: 7-7:30 a.m.
- Western Boulevard from Ashe to S. Boylan (westbound only): 7- 7:45 a.m.
- S. Boylan Avenue from Western to Morgan: 7-7:45 a.m.
- Hillsborough St. from Pullen to Glenwood: 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
- Capital Boulevard southbound at Peace Street exit: 7-8:30 a.m.
- W. Morgan from S. Boyland to S. Dawson: 7 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- W. Martin from S. Dawson to Fayetteville St.: 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
- Dawson Street from Lane Street to Martin Street: 7- 8:30a.m.
- Fayetteville St. from W. Martin to W. Morgan: 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.
- McDowell Street from Davie to Hillsborough Street: 7-8:45 a.m.
- Wilmington Street from Morgan to Peace: 7:15-8:30 a.m.
- Salisbury from Peace to Morgan: 7:15-8:30 a.m.
- Edenton Street from Wilmington Street to Hillsborough Street merge: 7 a.m.-8:30a.m.
- Hillsborough Street closed from Glenwood to Salisbury - 7- 8:30 a.m.
- Glenwood Avenue from Washington to Hillsborough Street: 7-8:45 a.m.
- Washington from Glenwood to Nicholwood Drive: 7-9 a.m.
- Nicholwood Drive from Washington to St. Mary's: 7-9am
- St. Mary's from Nicholwood Drive to W. Peace: 7-9am
- W. Peace Street from Glenwood to merge with Clark: 7-9:15 a.m.
- Clark Ave. from Oberlin to Brooks: 7:15-9:15 a.m.
- Pogue/Everett/Gardner around Rose Garden: 7:15-9:15 a.m.
- Oberlin from Cameron to Hillsborough: 7:15-9:15 a.m.
- Brooks from Wade to Hillsborough: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Dixie Trail from Wade to Hillsborough: 7:30-9:45 a.m.
- O'Berry from Brooks to Dixie Trail: 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Clark from Dixie Trail to Faircloth: 7:30-9:45 a.m.
- Faircloth from Ruffin to Hillsborough: 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Hillsborough St from Pullen to I-440 northbound ramp: 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Gorman Street at Hillsborough only: 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Horton at Lake Boone Trail: 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Blue Ridge from Homewood Banks to Crabtree Valley Ave: 7:45 a.m. - noon
- Crabtree Valley Ave from Blue Ridge to Homewood Banks: 7:45 a.m. - noon
- North Hills Drive between Northbrook and Old Village Rd.: 8 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Hillsborough between Pullen and Hwy 440: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Hillsborough Street from Pullen to Blue Ridge: 7:40 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
These downtown streets will remain open:
- Person Street (one way northbound)
- Blount Street (one way southbound)
- Wilmington Street from South Street to Morgan Street
- West Street from Peace to Edenton
- Harrington Street from West to Edenton
- Boylan from Hillsborough to Peace
- St Mary’s from Morgan to Peace
- Peace Street from Glenwood to Person
- Lane Street from Dawson to McDowell
- Jones Street from Dawson to McDowell
- Edenton Street from McDowell to West
- Davie Street
- Cabarrus Street
- South Street
- Lenoir Street