Recipe: Inside out cheeseburgers
Posted October 25, 2012 8:50 p.m. EDT
Updated February 27, 2017 9:51 a.m. EST
All kids love cheeseburgers, and it's so easy to pick one up from restaurants and fast-food joints that use extremely low-quality ingredients. Your kids will come running for these just for the name alone!
Inside Out Cheeseburgers
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1 lb. 90 percent lean ground beef
1 fresh, ripe tomato
4 hamburger buns
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1. Preheat broiler, or preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine cheeses in small bowl.
3. Mix beef, sauce, paprika and pepper in large bowl and shape into eight thin 4"-wide patties.
4. Divide up cheese mixture between four patties, leaving a 1/2" border on each patty. Cover each patty with remaining patties and seal the edges closed by pinching the sides.
5. Grill on lightly oiled grill rack over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side. Do not press patties as you could burst the sealed edges. If broiling, cover broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Broil in upper third of oven for about 4 minutes per side.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve on hamburger buns with sliced tomato and lettuce.
Watch your kids giggle as they take a bite when the cheese magically oozes out!