Recipe: Firehouse Macaroni Surprise
Posted November 18, 2020 9:00 a.m. EST
Updated November 18, 2020 9:08 a.m. EST
Raleigh, N.C. — Capt. Blake Wright from the Northern Wake Fire Department shared this fun recipe with us for a firehouse favorite! Check out his recipe below.
Firehouse Macaroni Surprise
- Bass Farms sausage, 2 lbs.
- Elbow macaroni, 4 lbs.
- Bright Leaf red hotdogs, 2 packs
- Velveeta Cheese, 1 mega pack
- Cheddar cheese soup, 2 cans
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Boil and drain pasta. Return to stove over medium-low heat.
- Sauté Bass Farms sausage until browned.
- Cut hotdogs (except one) into one-inch sized segments. Sauté with a dash of Slap Ya Mama seasoning until slightly browned.
- Cut Velveeta into chunks and add to pasta. Stir until melted.
- Add sausage (and grease from pan!), hot dogs and 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup to pasta.
- Stir until melted. Serve!
- The person that finds the whole hotdog (the surprise) is the “winner”
Psssst! Want to cook up recipes with local firefighters? Join the volunteer firefighter team!
Seventy percent of firefighters are volunteers, and that number is going down by 12 percent each year. There are positions for firefighters of all ages and skill sets — including yours! Visit www.volunteerfirenc.org to find a station near you.