Recipe: Easy, tasty Christmas cookies
Posted December 4, 2019 11:50 a.m. EST
There's an easy way kids can make impressive Christmas cookies this year. Just use cake mix!
For the cookies
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp, vanilla extract or peppermint extract – your choice!
For the filling
- ½ cup butter, salted and softened
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- Holiday food coloring, optional
- Mix all cookie ingredients in large bowl.
- Drop spoonfulls of cookie dough on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 4-10 minutes (don't want for them to brown -- these cook quickly!)
- Mix icing while allowing cookies to cool
- Smear icing between two cookies.
- Top with festive garnishes like crushed candy canes, chocolate chips and holiday sprinkles.