Raleigh woman seeks answers in her son's murder
Posted September 9, 2019 10:35 p.m. EDT
Updated September 10, 2019 9:00 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — A month after a recent Sanderson High School graduate was killed in Raleigh, police on Monday released some evidence in hopes of generating leads in the investigation.
Desmond Myles Jenkins, 18, was wounded in the 9400 block of Prince George Lane, off Old Lead Mine Road, on Aug. 9, and he died of his wounds at a local hospital.
"They robbed him of his future," his mother, Sherri Jenkins, said Monday. "He had plans. I just don’t understand why somebody would be that evil."
Desmond Jenkins was headed to Vance-Granville Community College to play basketball. His mother described him as someone who loved to sing and dance.
Police said he had been dropped off at home by friends shortly before the shooting.
"It was just like a rapid bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, and then, all of a sudden, this truck went by, and that was it," someone told a 911 dispatcher to report the shooting.
Police released blurry pictures of a dark Chevrolet Avalanche with large rims that might be connected to the shooting.
Sherri Jenkins said she hopes the pictures will lead investigators to the person responsible for killing her son.
"A lot of times with murderers, they get too much information, but in this case, they have very little," she said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at 919-834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org.