Raleigh Middle School Briefly on Lockdown
Posted November 2, 2007 1:35 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Ligon Middle School was briefly on lockdown late Friday morning while police conducted a search for someone in the area.
Principal Scott Lyons said all exterior doors to the building were locked for about 15 minutes as a precaution, and Raleigh police said the person police were looking for did not pose a danger to the school.
Friday's lockdown has marked the third in several weeks.
Wake County Public School System spokesman Michael Evans said the school was also locked down briefly on Thursday because of a shooting in the area.
Last month, the school was also put on lockdown for about two hours after a teenager allegedly brought a gun to the school.