Local News

Raleigh man charged in Cary break-in

Posted December 20, 2010 2:35 p.m. EST
Updated December 20, 2010 5:51 p.m. EST

— Police said Monday that they have charged a Raleigh man with a residential burglary in Cary's Lochmere neighborhood three weeks ago.

David Alexander Jeanblanc, 20, of Elm Tree Lane, was charged Friday with first-degree burglary. He was being held Monday in the Wake County jail.

Someone broke into a home on Vinecrest Court on Dec. 2 while the residents slept inside. Laptop computers, an iPod, wallets and purses were stolen, police said.

Capt. Mike Williams of the Cary Police Department said investigators zeroed in on Jeanblanc last week and got a call from Wake County deputies that helped their case.

"We issued an arrest warrant on Friday. A short time later, the sheriff's department received a call about a gentleman putting some items in the woods behind a residence, and sure enough, what he was putting out there was stolen merchandise," Williams said.

Police also found stolen items in Jeanblanc's house and in a storage area, including televisions, laptops and GPS units, Williams said.

Investigators are trying to determine whether Jeanblanc is connected to other recent burglaries in the Lochmere neighborhood, Williams said.

Five homes in the subdivision have been burglarized since July.

Anyone with information about the break-ins is asked to call Cary police at 919-469-4324 or Crime Stoppers at 919-226-CRIME.

Map