Local News

Raleigh fire officials say candle caused house fire

Posted December 30, 2019 7:12 p.m. EST
Updated December 30, 2019 9:22 p.m. EST

— Fire officials said a candle was the cause of a fire that damaged a home in Raleigh on Monday.

Raleigh Fire Batallion Chief Lowell Smith told WRAL's Richard Adkins the fire happened at 3020 Dahlgreen Road. Fire officials were called to the area after 4 p.m. and saw flames coming from the home. It took 31 firefighters about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

Officials said a candle was too close to a Christmas tree and caused the accidental fire.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital with a minor injury after falling during the incident.

Map
Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.