Local News

Raleigh assisted living facility evacuated after fire

A fire forced residents at Abbotswood at Stonehenge to temporarily leave the assisted living facility Monday evening.

Posted Updated
Raleigh assisted living facility evacuated after fire
RALEIGH, N.C. — A fire forced residents at Abbotswood at Stonehenge to temporarily leave the assisted living facility Monday evening.

Fire investigators said a dryer in a laundry room at the 7900 Creedmoor Road facility caught fire at about 9 p.m.

The fire was quickly extinguished, but the facility filled with smoke.

Residents were asked to leave as a precaution and were later allowed to return. No injures were reported.

Image

 Credits

Mark Simpson, Photographer
Minnie Bridgers, Web Editor
Kelly Hinchcliffe, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.