Local News

Raleigh apartment fire displaces six

A fire in a Raleigh apartment building off Poole Road early Saturday displaced six people, fire investigators said.

Posted Updated

RALEIGH, N.C. — A fire in a Raleigh apartment building off Poole Road early Saturday displaced six people, fire investigators said.

Fire was coming from the bedroom windows of the building at 616 Ralph St. when firefighters arrived shortly before 3 a.m., according to the incident report. Approximately 30 firefighters labored for a half-hour to bring the blaze under control.

All the occupants managed to escape safely. No injuries were reported.

The report states that about a quarter of the building was damaged, rendering it unihabitable.

Investigators determined that the fire was started by a malfunction in an electrical fan.

 Credits

Anne Johnson, Web Editor

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.