Local News

Rain helps firefighters control Raleigh blaze

Posted March 1, 2009 4:10 p.m. EST
Updated March 1, 2009 7:38 p.m. EST

— Raleigh firefighters responded Sunday to a structure fire at 4220 Kaplan Drive in Raleigh. Smoke could be seen coming from the roof of a two-story town home.

The fire started when a microwave caught fire and spread to the rest of the room, according to the fire department report. One man injured his hand trying to put out the flames.

Two units were damaged in the fire. The Red Cross provided aid to the nine people displaced.