Animal Control officers are concerned about possible exposure of unvaccinated animals, particularly pets, in the area. Anyone who sees an animal acting in an unusual manner is urged to call Cumberland County Animal Services at 910-321-6852.
Whenever a person is bitten or scratched by an unknown animal, they should thoroughly clean the wound with soap and warm water, and contact their physician or county health department immediately.
Animal control officials urge the following:
- Avoid interactions with wildlife.
- Be sure pets are current with rabies vaccinations.
- Do not leave trash or food outside, unless it is in a trash can with a tight-fitting lid.
- If a pet is fed outside, do not leave food out overnight.
- Do not leave pets outdoors unattended.
- If your pet comes in contact with wildlife, contact your veterinarian immediately.
To report animal complaints and stray animals:
- In Wake County (except Cary, Garner, Holly Springs and Raleigh), call 212-PETS (7387)
- In Cary, call 319-4517
- In Garner, call 772-8896
- In Holly Springs, call 557-9111
- In Raleigh, call 831-6311
- In Cumberland County, call 910-321-6852 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Call the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office at 910-323-1500 after 5 p.m., weekends and holidays.