Publix makes changes to coupon policy
Posted October 6, 2014 2:02 p.m. EDT
Updated October 6, 2014 2:13 p.m. EDT
Publix rolled out a new coupon policy on Oct. 1. There are a few changes that will interest Triangle shoppers since the new Publix store will be opening soon in Cary. Just before the store actually opens (sometime before the end of the year), I will post more detailed information about their coupon policy and promotions.
Publix new coupon policy changes:
- Publix now allows redemption of up to eight of the same coupons per day, per household (which is better than most grocery stores).
- You cannot combine manufacturer's paper coupons and manufacturer's digital coupons for the same product.
- You'll need a manager's approval for any individual coupons that are more than $5 (which is pretty rare).
- Publix will not accept a coupon that they think has been printed incorrectly or is missing key information.
- Publix will accept dollars-off-total-order coupons. They are limited to one Publix and one competitor’s coupon per day, per household. Per their policy: "The total order before coupons must be equal to or greater than the combined purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented. We consider competitor’s coupons for dollars off groups of items to be a dollars-off-total-order coupon and will only allow one per day, per household."
- Publix will not issue rain checks for Publix, competitor’s or manufacturer’s coupons. They will issue one rain check per day, per household for an item.
- If you are due money back at the register after using coupons, it will be provided on a Publix gift card.
Apparently, there were issues with couponers in other states buying in bulk with coupons and clearing shelves which is why they made the changes to the coupon limits. Here in the Triangle, most of our stores have had coupon limits for as long as I can remember. Being able to use eight of the same coupon will be great since many stores limit couponers to three to five of the same coupon.
Again, once we get closer to actually having a Publix in the Triangle, I will post more information about their full coupon policy and how to get the best deals at Publix!