Product Review: lillebaby EveryWear Style carrier
Posted February 23, 2011 2:34 p.m. EST
Updated February 23, 2011 2:38 p.m. EST
The quick review: LOVE it. Highly, highly recommend the lillebaby EveryWear Style carrier.
The review for detail lovers: I wanted to be on the baby wearing team. I wanted to strap Asher onto me as often as possible, in as many places as possible. But, for this to work, we both needed to be comfortable. I've tried three other carriers, including the Baby Bjorn. They never quite seemed right. And Asher didn't last long in them.
Enter the lillebaby EveryWear Style. I've been using this carrier for the last two months. I've put it to the test at Disney on Ice, the mall, Target (countless times), around the house (on terrible teething clingy days) and around the neighborhood (just to name a few places). I even subjected my sister (a carrier skeptic) and my husband to the testing and they both approved.
Here is the skinny on the pros and cons of this carrier.
- Can wear baby on the front facing in, front facing out, hip and back.
- The carrier seat converts when your baby is facing out so that he is more comfortable ergonomically.
- There's a sleeping/nursing hood.
- The one thing that stood out to me in comparison with the very popular Ergo is that the lillebaby allows you to face your little one out. For a nosey baby like mine, this was crucial.
- Baby and momma both comfortable for hours at a time.
- Cooking dinner with a fussy baby = totally possible.
- Easy to get the baby on and off safely by yourself.
- Great pockets to tuck away a diaper, some hand sanitizer, chapstick, phone.
- There are a lot of straps. I'm sure I didn't take full advantage of the little strap hideaway pockets, but who has time to figure that out while strapping on a baby? In the end, I just ignored them. They made for good teethers.
- The directions can be a little overwhelming at first. Because, well, there are a lot of straps. Once you run through the positions once, you're OK. Just keep them handy.
So, mommas, you really should go and check out this carrier. (My other carriers are now on Craigslist to find new homes. If you're reading this review, ignore those listings.) The lillebaby does it all. It is truly a great product and I'm so excited to keep finding more baby wearing opportunities with Asher.
Kira is the Raleigh mom of one who writes from time to time for Go Ask Mom. Find her all the time on her own blog Grits, Grins and Gripes. And stay tuned for more lillebaby! We'll be giving one of these carriers away starting Friday!!