Post offices shorten hours
Posted February 10, 2009 3:04 p.m. EST
Updated July 16, 2009 5:34 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Post offices across the Triangle are opening later and closing early in an attempt to save some money, a spokesman said Tuesday.
Carl A. Walton, communications coordinator for the Greensboro District of the U.S. Postal Service, shared the following list of schedule changes.
- Apex, previously open at 8:30 a.m. Monday through Saturday, will now open at 9 a.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Bahama, previously open at 7:45 a.m. Monday through Friday, will now open at 8 a.m.
- Buies Creek will be closed on Saturdays, and will open 30 minutes later, at 9 a.m., on weekdays.
- Bunn will open 30 minutes later, at 9 a.m. on Saturdays.
- Carrboro, previously open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekdays will now be open 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. On Saturdays, the Carrboro Post Office will open at 9:30 a.m.
- Four Oaks eliminates Saturday hours.
- Garner will open an hour later on weekdays, at 9:30 a.m., but 30 minutes earlier on Saturdays, at 9 a.m.
- Raleigh's Five Points Post Office will close at 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Raleigh's Cameron Village location will close an hour early each day -- at 4 p.m. weekdays and at noon on Saturdays.
- Raleigh Crabtree Valley Post Office Open 8:30 am - 6 pm M-F, 9:30 am-1:30 pm Open 9 am-6 pm M-F, 9 am- 1 pm SAT
- Raleigh's Westgate location will open an hour later on weekdays, at 8 a.m. Hours will be cut on Saturdays. The post office will close at 2 p.m., rather than 3 p.m.
- Raleigh's Neuse location will open at 9 a.m. rather than 8:30 a.m.
- Raleigh's Brenwood Post Office will open at 9 a.m. rather than 8:30 a.m.
- Raleigh's Sunnybrook location will open 30 minutes later, at 9 a.m., weekdays. It will have shortened hours on Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Raleigh Capitol Post Office will be open 90 minutes fewer on Saturdays, from 9:30 a.m. until noon.
- Raleigh's Century location will open at 8 a.m. rather than at 7:30 a.m. weekdays.
- Raleigh's University Post Office will open at 9 a.m. rather than 8 a.m. weekdays.