Play with Go Ask Mom at North Hills next week!
We'll have a free Stroller Strides workout, a fire truck, a kitchen craft from Lil' Chef, free child IDs, a collection of birthday party kits for needy kids and much more! It's April 17!Posted — Updated
We'll be there from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., April 17, with a whole host of fun activities for moms and their kiddos. North Hills, of course, will pull out their foam blocks for the kids to climb on and play with. We'll be on the Commons next to Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's.
And we'll bring lots of other activities too. Here's what we have planned so far:
- 9 a.m., free Stroller Strides class. Missy Currin, mom and owner of Stroller Strides - Midtown Raleigh, will be offering a free workout. This is a great workout for moms and their stroller-riding tots. It's designed for all fitness levels and includes some cute, interactive songs and moves that the kids will enjoy too. If it's your first Stroller Strides class, get there about 10 minutes early so you can sign in. The class begins next to the movie theater across from the Commons. (Stroller Strides across the Triangle actually will be offering free classes all next week).
- 10 a.m. to noon, free activity from our friends over at Lil' Chef, the cooking studio for kids and teens at North Hills. Owner Susan Caldwell, who blogs for us here on Go Ask Mom, tells me kids will learn some kitchen science and have fun too.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon, a visit from First-In Fire Company's fire truck. This new business run by a local dad and volunteer fire fighter features a genuine fire truck, which he takes to birthday parties and other gatherings. I'll have more about the business and dad in the next few days.
- Back by popular demand, the Wake County Sheriff's Office will be offering free child IDs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. I'll be the first to admit that we had some long lines at our events last year for the IDs. This year, we're going to try something new - a sign-up sheet where people can sign up for specific time slots. I hope this will cut down on the lines and make the event more enjoyable for everybody.
- UPDATE: The Chick-fil-A cow will be there from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- And I'll bring some snacks, crafts and a giveaway (more on that later too).
I'm very excited about a new community service component that I'm adding to our events this year. There are some great opportunities for even some of the youngest kids to make a difference in our community. I wanted to highlight some of them.
I will have more about this in the next few days as well. But I encourage all those who come out next week to bring along a box of cake mix, frosting and candles to help make a child's birthday a little bit sweeter.
So stay tuned for updates and more information about all the pieces of the event next week. And mark your calendars for our other events - Wednesday, Aug. 8, and Saturday, Sept. 29.
I hope to see you there!
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.