Local News

Overnight fire damages roof of Raleigh community center

Posted January 12, 2022 4:43 a.m. EST

Fire damages Raleigh community center

— The Peach Road Community Center in Raleigh was badly damaged in an overnight fire.

Firefighters responded to the building at 911 Ileagnes Road before 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

The majority of the damage was to the roof.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was likely electrical, and no arson was expected.

No one was in the building at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.

The building is used to hold classes and events for the community. WRAL News is working to learn if those events will be put on hold due to the fire.

Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.