One killed in Henderson house fire
Posted November 19, 2009 10:46 p.m. EST
Updated November 20, 2009 1:35 p.m. EST
Henderson, N.C. — One man was killed Thursday night in a house fire, authorities said.
Fredrick Harris, 22, was the only person home when the fire broke out at 705 Jefferson St. in Henderson shortly after 6 p.m., authorities said. He lived at the house with his mother and couple of siblings.
Authorities said the fire was caused by combustible materials being placed too close to a space heater in a bedroom.