Local News

One injured in Franklinton house fire

Posted January 2, 2010 7:34 a.m. EST

— Fire officials said one person was injured in a house fire at 1532 Clydesdale Court, southwest of Franklinton, early Saturday.

All three occupants had gotten out of the house by the time firefighters arrived around 2:30 a.m.

One person had burns on his foot and was taken to a local hospital, fire officials said. The severity of his injuries wasn't known.

Some pets, including hamsters and snakes, were rescued from the fire.

Officials said firefighters contained the blaze to the front porch. The main structure remained intact, but the front interior of the house had smoke and water damage.