One arrested for threat against Orange schools
Posted October 18, 2011 5:34 p.m. EDT
Updated October 18, 2011 7:34 p.m. EDT
Hillsborough, N.C. — A threat against someone at an Orange County middle school led to a 30-minute lock down on two Hillsborough campuses and one arrest, schools spokesman Michael Gilbert said.
C.W. Stanford Middle School and Orange High School, both located on Orange High School Road, were locked down from about 4:30 p.m. until just before 5 p.m. Gilbert said students were present in both buildings at the time.
Gilbert said the lock down came as a result of a threat against someone at Stanford, but he did not elaborate on the nature of the threat.
A man was taken into police custody along the road by the schools, Gilbert said, but he did not know what, if any, charges had been filed.