Officials drop suspected H1N1 case in Wake
Posted May 6, 2009 4:27 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — State public health officials on Wednesday removed a Wake County case from a list of probable cases of the H1N1 virus.
Seven cases of the virus, also known as swine flu, have been confirmed in the state, all in the coastal counties of Onslow, Craven and Carteret. One probable case is in Buncombe County near Asheville, officials said.
Last week, one of the first probable cases was in Wake County, where a man traveling on business from Canada reported flu-like symptoms. Tests on that case have been inconclusive, officials said Wednesday.
H1N1 has infected nearly 1,500 people worldwide. Two people in the U.S. and 29 in Mexico have died from the disease.