November coupon swaps
Posted October 28, 2014 8:41 a.m. EDT
Updated October 28, 2014 9:37 a.m. EDT
There are a number of blog members who swap coupons here in the Triangle area. This is the place to post your swap dates and locations each week! See below for details on how to host a swap and what to do if you are planning to attend a swap.
If there are any more November swaps scheduled, feel free to post them in the comments section below and I will add them to the main list. It helps if you can post your swap details more than a week before the swap date. Happy swapping!
Cary/Southwest Raleigh swap
Date: Wednesday, November 12 (This swap is always the 2nd Wed of the month)
Time: 1 pm - 3 pm
Location: Carolina Pines Community Center, 2305 Lake Wheeler Rd, Raleigh NC, I-40 Exit 297 Lake Wheeler Rd (Farmer's Mkt).
Durham Coupon Swap
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2014 (3rd Thursday of each month)
Time: 7:00-8:45 p.m.
Location: Durham County Library - Southwest Regional (3605 Shannon Road, Durham, North Carolina 27707, 919-560-8590)
There is a large meeting room reserved for this group, so feel free to invite your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, or anyone interested in exchanging coupons! If there is no notice posted in the library entrance area, inquire at the Information Desk when you arrive and they will let you know which meeting room we are in for the evening.
Please bring non-expired coupons you do not want or need in an envelope or baggie; it's best if they are already clipped.
You may also bring coupons that have already expired, again preferably already cut out of the inserts, in a separate bag or envelope so they may be donated to the military.
Cary Mall Coupon Swap
Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Time of swap: 6:00 pm
Location: Cary Town Center in the food court - look for 1-2 balloons tied to Rebecca's chair for visibility
Contact Rebecca at email@example.com if you have any questions about this swap.
Scheduled Cary Mall swaps through 12/2014 (usually the 3rd Tuesday of the month):
Tues Dec 16 - 6pm
North Raleigh Coupon Swap
Date: November 15
Time: 3:00 pm
Location: Moes @ Triangle Towne Center
(December N. Raleigh swap will be December 20)
Barwell Swap: The Barwell Community Center swap is on hold at least until January. I will update if the swap starts up again.
If you are attending a coupon swap for the first time, here are some swap basics:
* Bring your coupons already cut out in an envelope if at all possible. It really helps to move the swap along if folks are not waiting for you to go through your coupons and cut them out at the table.
* You don't need to sort them by product type unless you really want to
* The group usually sits in a circle and passes around the envelopes to the person to the right. Take the coupons you want out and put the rest back in to pass on to the next person.
* Once you get your envelope back, you know you have been through all the coupons.
* In really large groups, couponers often sit in groups of 5 to 8 people to swap
If you are hosting a swap and wish to include the information here, please post the following details:
* Date of swap
* Time of swap
* Location of swap including address
* Host contact info to RSVP or ask questions. An e-mail address is fine - I don't suggest including your phone number on a public board. You may want to create a new free e-mail just for swapping from somewhere like Yahoo or Gmail.
I also recommend the local swap group, Triangle Area Coupon Swap with additional coupon swap information.
If your swap is less than a week away and you would like it to appear on this swap post, please send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information to make sure I see it in time to post your swap. Thanks!