North Carolina breweries take home medals at Great American Beer Festival
Several North Carolina breweries took home medals at the Great American Beer Festival, which was held Saturday in Denver, Colorado.Posted — Updated
Lynwood Brewing Concern Production Facility in Raleigh took home a gold medal for their Saison Du Bois brew in the American-Belgo-Style Ale category. The brewery also took home a silver medal for their Mosaic Pale Ale in the American-Style Pale Ale category.
The Lonerider Brewing Company in Raleigh was awarded a bronze medal for their Goldie’s Big Block brew in the German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock category.
The Cary-based Bond Brothers Beer Company won a silver medal for their Disenchantment Blend #1 in the American-Style Sour Ale category.
Other winning brews in North Carolina include:
- New Sarum Brewing of Salisbury- Lemon Balm and Beets Wheat (Herb and Spice Beer)- Gold
- Sycamore Brewing Cannery of Charlotte- Sun Grown Fresh Craft Lager (American-Style Lager or Malt Liquor- Bronze
- Hillman Beer of Asheville- Four Fat Baby (Belgian-Style Double or Quadruple)- Bronze
- The Old Mecklenburg Brewery of Charlotte- Hornet’s Nest (South German-Style Hefeweizen)- Bronze
- Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery of Farmville- Duck-Rabbit Wee Heavy Scotch Style Ale (Scotch Ale)- Silver
- Currahee Brewing Company of Franklin, Kawi (Coffee Stout or Porter)- Bronze
- Foothills Brewing Company of Winston-Salem- Torch Pilsner (Bohemian-Style Pilsner)- Bronze
- BearWaters Brewing Company of Canton- Smells Like Money (Belgian-Style Stron Specialty Ale)- Bronze