By Laura Leslie
Gov. Bev Perdue had eleven bills on her desk this morning. Here's what became of them:
Three were signed:
- H22 2011 Budget Technical Corrections
- H289 Authorize Various Special Plates
- H619 Forced Combinations
Perdue added a signing statement on H619, expressing concern about the potential cost of the measure and warning lawmakers they may have to revise it if it ends up being too expensive.
She allowed four others to become law without her signature
- H845 Annexation Reform Act of 2011
- H119 Amend Environmental Laws 2011
- H344 Tax Credits for Children with Disabilities
- S620 Clarify Use of Position
And of course, she vetoed S532 ESC/Jobs Reform, S496 Medicaid & Health Choice Provider Requirements, S709 Energy Jobs Act, and S781 Regulatory Reform Act of 2011. More on those here and here.