Neighbors noticed that the generator outside 419 A Pecan Lane was not running and went to check on the resident at about 8:15 p.m. They found him and called emergency personnel, who determined that he was dead, Bizzell said.
Sheriff's deputies and an EMS worker found what they thought might be parts of a methamphetamine lab inside the home, and they left the body inside until Tuesday morning, when a team from the State Bureau of Investigation was able to assure that the home and body had no chemicals that could present a danger, Bizzell said.
A hazmat team removed the man's body from the home. Authorities also removed items, including a gas tank and iodine.
The name of the deceased and his cause of death have yet to be determined, Bizzell said. He was described only as a Caucasian man in his 50s.