The Cary Police shared these tips to prevent thefts from vehicles.
- Avoid leaving valuables, including loose change and cash, in plain view.
- Park in well-lighted areas. Always roll up the windows and lock the car, even when it is in front of your home.
- Avoid purchasing expensive items and leaving them in the car while doing other shopping.
- Never leave GPS units/mounts visible when the vehicle is unattended.
- Remove after-market stereo equipment from the dash. This includes CD players/radio with removable “faces.”
- Immediately call 911 if confronted and provide a detailed description of the suspect.
- Remember to quickly notify law enforcement to help increase the chances of apprehending the suspect and preventing future incidents.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.