Tips to preventing vehicle break-ins
Posted July 20, 2009 8:04 a.m. EDT
The Cary Police shared these tips to prevent thefts from vehicles.
- Avoid leaving valuables, including loose change and cash, in plain view.
- Park in well-lighted areas. Always roll up the windows and lock the car, even when it is in front of your home.
- Avoid purchasing expensive items and leaving them in the car while doing other shopping.
- Never leave GPS units/mounts visible when the vehicle is unattended.
- Remove after-market stereo equipment from the dash. This includes CD players/radio with removable “faces.”
- Immediately call 911 if confronted and provide a detailed description of the suspect.
- Remember to quickly notify law enforcement to help increase the chances of apprehending the suspect and preventing future incidents.