Autryville boy found safe; dad arrested
Posted June 30, 2009 5:26 a.m. EDT
Updated June 30, 2009 10:35 a.m. EDT
Autryville, N.C. — A man accused of assaulting his pregnant girlfriend and her 8-year-old son and then abducting the couple's 4-year-old son has returned the boy home safely, Sampson County authorities said Tuesday.
Deputies arrested Jose Ramon Torres-Ventura, 31, after he brought his son, Ramon Marlon Torres, back home to 55 Calico Lane in Autryville. An Amber Alert was issued for the boy earlier in the day.
Nalleli Taxilaga-Olea, 25, told deputies that she and Torres-Ventura got into a fight and he assaulted her and her 8-year-old son around 11:30 p.m. Monday at the house. She is 21 weeks pregnant with his child, deputies said. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries and released. The 8-year-old was not injured.
Taxilaga-Olea told authorities that Torres-Ventura was drinking, broke all the phones in the house and told her that if she called police he would kill her and their 4-year-old son. He is from Mexico and is in the U.S. illegally, she told deputies.
Authorities charged Torres-Ventura with assault on a female, communicating threats, assault on a child under 12 and injury to personal property. He was being held in the Sampson County Detention Center without bond on the domestic charges. He was given a $5,000 bond on the non-domestic charges.