Local News

Local housing counseling agencies

Posted March 19, 2009 4:37 p.m. EDT

These local agencies offer counseling to homeowners facing foreclosure. The agencies also participate in the Home Protection Program and Loan Fund, administered by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency.

Eastern Region

Blue Spring-Hoke County Community Development Corp., 910-904-0312
serves Hoke, Robeson and Scotland counties

Choanoke Area Development Association, 252-539-4155
serves Bertie, Halifax, Hertford, Hyde, Northampton, Tyrell and Washington counties

Cumberland Community Action Programs, Inc., Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Fayetteville, 910-323-3192
serves Beaufort, Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Chatham, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Duplin, Greene, Harnett, Hoke, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lee, Lenoir, Martin, Montgomery, Moore, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico, Pender, Pitt, Richmond, Robeson, Rockingham, Sampson, Scotland, Wayne and Wilson counties

Kingdom Community Development Corporation, 910-484-2722
serves Bladen, Cumberland, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Robeson and Sampson counties

Northeastern Community Development Corporation, 252-338-5466
serves Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Pasquotank and Perquimans counties

River City Community Development Corporation, 252-331-2925
serves Camden, Chowan, Gates, Pasquotank and Perquimans counties

Rocky Mount-Edgecombe Community Development Corporation, 252-442-5178
serves Edgecombe and Nash counties

Twin Rivers Opportunities, Inc., 252-637-3599
serves Carteret, Craven, Jones and Pamlico counties

Wilmington AME Zion Housing Development Corporation, 910-815-3826
serves Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover and Pender counties

Wilson Community Improvement Association, 252-243-4855
serves Wilson County

Central Region

Alliance Credit Counseling, Inc., 704-943-0391
serves Anson, Cabarrus, Gaston, Mecklenburg and Union counties

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Durham, 919-688-3381
serves Durham County

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Forsyth County, 336-896-1191
serves Alleghany, Ashe, Davie, Forsyth, Iredell, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin counties

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Gaston County, 704-864-7704
serves Cleveland, Gaston and Lincoln counties

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Greater Greensboro, 336-373-8882
serves Alamance, Caswell, Davidson, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham and Rowan counties

Davidson Community Action, Inc., 336-249-0234
serves Ashe, Davidson, Forsyth, Rowan and Yadkin counties

Durham Affordable Housing Coalition, 919-683-1185
serves Durham County

Durham Regional Community Development Group, 919-688-3381
serves Durham, Granville and Orange counties

Franklin-Vance-Warren Opportunity Inc., 252-492-0161
serves Franklin, Granville, Person, Vance and Warren counties

Housing Authority of the City of High Point, 336-878-2300
serves Guilford County

Monroe/Union County CDC, 704-283-8804
serves Union County

Prosperity Unlimited, 704-933-7405
serves Cabarrus, Iredell, Mecklenburg, Rowan and Stanly counties

Salisbury Community Development Corporation, 704-638-2154
serves Davidson, Iredell and Rowan counties

Sandhills Community Action Program, Inc., 910-947-5675
serves Anson, Montgomery, Moore, Richmond and Scotland counties

Triangle Family Services, 919-821-0790, 800-283-6904
serves Chatham, Durham, Johnston, Orange and Wake counties

United Family Services, 704-332-9034
serves Cabarrus, Mecklenburg and Union counties

Western Region

Cleveland County Community Development Center, 704-480-7701
serves Cleveland County

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of the Carolina Foothills, 828-286-7062
Serves Polk and Rutherford counties

Northwestern Regional Housing Authority, 828-264-6683
serves Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Mitchell, Watauga, Wilkes and Yancey counties

Olive Hill Community-Economic Development Corporation, 828-439-8893
serves Burke, Caldwell, Catawba and McDowell Counties

On Track Financial Education & Counseling Services, 828-255-5166, 800-737-5485
serves Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga and Yancey counties

Western Piedmont Council of Governments, 828-322-9191
serves Alexander, Burke, Caldwell and Catawba counties