Easley's list of capital improvement projects
Posted November 26, 2008 2:36 p.m. EST
Updated November 26, 2008 2:40 p.m. EST
Gov. Mike Easley is putting the following projects on the Council of State’s Jan. 6, 2009, agenda for approval.
Easley says these projects will provide necessary classroom and laboratory space for university students and ensure there is sufficient prison space to house criminals.
The projects total $722,035,444 and are listed by agenda, facility and amount.
- Department of Correction - Women’s Health and Mental Health Facility - $45,170,500
- Department of Correction - Minimum Security Addition - Scotland - $13,010,000
- Department of Correction - Medium Security Addition - Bertie - $18,950,000
- Department of Correction - Minimum Security Addition - Tabor - $13,010,000
- Department of Correction - Medium Security Addition - Lanesboro - $18,950,000
- State Ports, Morehead City - Port-wide Berth Structure Construction - $2,000,000
- State Ports, Wilmington - Berth 8 Replacement Phase I - $5,000,000
- Department of Agriculture - Southeastern NC Agricultural Center Pavilion - $3,700,000
- Department of Agriculture – Truck Shed & Restroom Expansion at WNC Farmer's Market - $650,000
- Department of Agriculture - Davis Arena Renovation & Expansion WNC Agricultural Center - $7,450,000
- Department of Cultural Resources - CSS Neuse Phase I (20,000 sq. ft. bldg.) - $2,925,000
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Research Oyster Hatchery - $4,303,944
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Zoo Polar Bear Exhibit Addition and Renovation - $2,700,000
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Green Square Complex - $107,000,000
- East Carolina University - School of Dentistry - $69,000,000
- East Carolina University - Family Medicine and Geriatric Center - $36,800,000
- Elizabeth City State University - School of Education Building - $18,000,000
- North Carolina A&T State University - Horse Barns, Upper Piedmont Research Station - $2,438,000
- North Carolina State University - General Classroom Instructional Facility - $20,490,000
The Council of State is made up of the governor, lieutenant governor and other elected department officials, including the commissioners of agriculture, labor and insurance; the attorney general; the state treasurer; the secretary of state; the state schools superintendent; and the state auditor.
The council approves all property transactions and major capital improvements projects done in the state.