Cary dad charged with raping son's ex-girlfriend
Posted November 25, 2008 12:47 p.m. EST
Updated November 26, 2008 5:44 a.m. EST
Cary, N.C. — A Cary father and Fort Bragg soldier who authorities say tried to disprove accusations that his son raped his ex-girlfriend, faces more charges himself in connection with the alleged assault.
Dwayne Frazier, 42, of 522 Siltstone Place, was charged Tuesday with second-degree rape and first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
After searching Frazier's home, investigators found a video that showed Frazier, as well as his son, on camera committing sexual acts with the girl, Cary police Capt. Mike Williams said. Frazier, he said, was committing the acts against the girl's will, he added.
The exploitation charge against Frazier is for making the video, Williams said.
Frazier's attorney, Patrick Roberts, said his client denies the allegations.
Investigators are still looking into Frazier's son's involvement to determine whether he will be charged.
Cary police began investigating Frazier when they learned a man was showing portions of the video to people in the community, including officials at his son's former high school.
"It appears that he took the videotape to the high school to defend his son's honor, saying the son was not a participant in a rape," Williams said.
According to the warrant, Frazier used the video clips in an effort to clear his son of the accusations and to prove the sex was consensual.
The 17-year-old victim's mother reported to police on Nov. 6 that her daughter had been videotaped having sex with Frazier's 16-year-old son and that she was raped.
Last week, police charged Frazier with second-degree exploitation of a minor for allegedly copying the video and third-degree exploitation of a minor for showing the video to others.
Frazier, who was in the Wake County Jail Tuesday afternoon under a $400,000 bond, is a sergeant first-class with the Army's 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, part of the 82nd Airborne Division's 4th Brigade Combat Team.
An 82nd Airborne spokesman said the Army is aware of the charges, but has made no determination about his status as a soldier.
Cary police will take the lead on the case, he said, and the Army decides on a case-by-case basis what internal investigation or discipline will take place.