Two charged in theater shooting; another suspect sought
Posted October 26, 2008 7:15 p.m. EDT
Updated October 27, 2008 10:50 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — As Raleigh police search for a man wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a movie theater manager, two men are due in court Monday afternoon to also face charges in connection with the crime.
Theater manager Mark Douglas Buhaug, 48, was shot during a robbery Friday evening at the ticket booth of Marquee Cinemas, 10600 Common Oaks Drive.
Police obtained an arrest warrant Saturday charging Anthony Joseph Bimbo, 40, of Orchard Oriole Trail in Wake Forest, with Buhaug's death.
Bimbo remained at large Sunday evening. He was considered armed and dangerous, police said. Bimbo is white, 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 215 pounds.
Jason Anthony Zilinski, 18, and Ryan Michael Becker, 19, were also charged with murder in connection with Buhaug's slaying. Zilinski and Becker recently graduated from Wake Forest Rolesville High School and were students at WakeTech, officials said.
Bimbo and Zilinski lived in the same house, police said. Additional information about how the teens are linked to Bimbo was not released.
Billy Stiles, a friend of Buhaug and assistant manager of the theater, said Friday night’s shooting was not the first time the cinema has been targeted.
He said he became the victim of a crime last year while taking the theater’s bank deposit to his car.
"They shot three bullets at me. They all hit the vehicle. None of them hit me, thank God,” Stiles said.
Marquee Cinemas planned to release a statement Monday about the shooting.
“We'd just like to see them get caught, so hopefully they can't do it again,” Stiles said.
Anyone with information about Bimbo’s whereabouts is asked to call the Raleigh Police Department’s Detective Division at 919- 996-3555 or Crime Stoppers at 919-226-CRIME.