Teacher Appreciation Week: WRAL viewers honor teachers
Posted May 5, 2008 6:07 a.m. EDT
Updated May 5, 2008 6:14 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week – the first full week in May – WRAL.com asked viewers to submit stories about special teachers in their lives.
After nearly a month, viewers had sent more than 250 letters – representing more than 150 schools across the state. Public and private schools, colleges and others were included.
Some excerpts are below:
- “I truly know with all my heart that she was a blessing for my son, and I have NEVER forgotten her energy and persistence. She is a gem!!!”
- “She has stayed with me in my heart all of this time.”
- “He is a father figure and friend to the children."
- “She is like an Angel sent from above.”
- “My mom teaches math … and never seems to get the credit she deserves.”
- “(My son’s) self esteem is being rebuilt and his grades show it and he is happy each morning when leaving to go to school. For this we are sincerely grateful.”
- “The year that I spent in her class is the ONLY school year that sticks out in my memories of 16 years of school.”
To see all the letters submitted for Teacher Appreciation Week, .