Local News

Alcohol Found in Beach House Fire Victim

An autopsy states Allison Walden, 19, died of carbon monoxide poisoning. It also indicates she had a significant amount of alcohol in her system.

Posted Updated

Results from a fourth autopsy in the Ocean Isle beach house fire have been released.

The report states Allison Walden, 19, died of carbon monoxide poisoning. It also indicates she had a significant amount of alcohol in her system.

Last week, an autopsy report suggested another victim, Cassidy Pendley, 18, was alive when the fire started, but was intoxicated.

Walden, Pendley and five other college students from South Carolina were killed in the Oct. 28 fire. Six others were injured.

The cause is thought to be improperly discarded smoking materials.

ImageFeedback