Local News

Fire Destroys Apex Store

Posted Updated

APEX — Fire investigators say an old refrigerator is to blame for a Saturdaymorning fire in Apex. The McDonald's Bar and Country Store on Old US-1 went up in flames around 2:30 a.m.

Firefighters spent several hours trying to put out the flames. An oldrefrigerator compressor ignited the fire which started near the back ofthe building and quickly spread to the roof. The bar had been closed forseveral hours. When firefighters arrived, it was already too late.

The store's owners say they won't rebuild their business. More than 50firefighters were called in to help put out the fire.

Image
1 / 2

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.