Roger Tamboulian, 61, owner of Total Computer Center on South ElliottRoad, was found dead early Sunday when a blaze swept the store.Tamboulian died of smoke inhalation, but in a statement issued Tuesdayafternoon police said, "We have not yet determined if the death was ahomicide, suicide or accident."
Officials estimate it will take at least two weeks to gather all theinformation they need to conclude their probe.
The fire was discovered by patrons at a nearby pool hall who smelledsmoke about 2 a.m.
Tamboulian's body was found near his store's front door.
The fire began in a back room where cleaning fluids and kerosene werestored. The kerosene was for a portable heater. Officials have said thatkerosene was involved in the fire, but not whether it spilled or waspoured.
Investigators ask that anyone with information about the fire callChapel Hill police at 968-2767.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.