Local News

Man Dies in Bizarre Fire

Posted Updated

HENDERSON — Investigators think a man's efforts to ridhis home of bugs led to a fatal fire.

Firefighters say 80-year-old Trenton Bennett put gasoline in his bugsprayer and coated the house. He was attempting to rid the property ofinsects.

When the man lit his gas heater, it sparked an explosion. He waskilled.

His son, who was also in the house on Taylor Road, escaped injury.

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.