Local News

Hotel Hit by Fire

Posted Updated

BENSON — Guests at a Benson motel were evacuated safelyafter a Saturday night fire.

The blaze began in the air conditioning unit in a guest's room on thetop floor of the Days Inn on Honeycutt Street.

The fire gutted that room and scorched the ones on either side. Therewas also major roof damage and extensive smoke damage throughout thebuilding.

No one was hurt.

The hotel guests received a full refund, and accommodations were foundfor them elsewhere. The motel remains closed.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.