Local News

Construction Worker Badly Shocked on the Job

Posted Updated

RALEIGH — A Raleigh construction worker was hospitalizedafter receiving a strong electrical shock Friday morning.

The man was working on the State Historical Museum building in downtownRaleigh when he apparently grabbed a live wire receiving a 110 volt shockof electricity.

He remained conscious, but was taken to Wake Medical Center for possibletreatment.

Investigators say the wet weather was partly responsible for theaccident.

Image

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.