Local News

Fatal House Fire Probably Caused by Cigarette

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

DUNN — More details have emerged from the investigationinto a fire that killed a family of five last week in Harnett County.

According to autopsy reports, carbon monoxide poisoning killed Scott andChristine Moon and their three sons, Kelly, 7, Daniel, 5, and Travis, 5.

Investigators say it was a smoldering cigarette that sparked the blazewhich destroyed the two bedroom home. The house did not have smokedetectors.

Image

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback