Local News

Elderly Escape Blaze

Posted Updated

DURHAM — Residents of a Durham retirement center arecounting themselves lucky this morning.

A blaze broke out at the J.J. Henderson Housing Center just before 11p.m. Saturday. It began in a room on the seventh floor.

All residents on the floor were evacuated. Several people were treatedfor smoke inhalation, but no serious injuries were reported.

Image

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.