Kitchen Fire Damages Durham Apartment
Posted June 7, 2006 4:11 a.m. EDT
DURHAM, N.C. — A kitchen fire forced several people from their homes in Durham.
The fire started shortly before 1 a.m. at the Duke Manor Apartments on Lasalle Street, authorities said.
Firefighters put the flames out before they could spread to other apartments. The family who lives at the appartment is now staying in a different unit.
Several nearby units have minor smoke damage. People who live in those apartments were allowed back inside.
No injuries were reported.