RALEIGH, N.C. — An accidental fire reduced an old horse farm to ashes Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were called to
5005 Buffaloe Road
in Raleigh at about 10:44 a.m.
The fire, authorities said, nearly gutted the house, which had been vacant for about five year. Investigators said workers were welding there when sparks started the fire.
The owners said they will salvage what they can, but nearly 6,300 square feet were damaged. They plan to convert the land into a subdivision.
No injuries were reported, authorities said.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.